Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 16, 2008


I had volunteer sleep in day this morning so I was off until 10 a.m. which was pretty nice. I was able to go to the staff gym and get a good workout in, work on this blog, emails, and rested a little. Our morning rotation was Creative Arts which was essentially this camps theater. We first did “channel surfing” where a few people would go to the front of the room and people could call out various shows and tv channels in which they had to act out. Next we did “press conference” where a facilitator would hold up a picture behind the persons head and everyone else would have to ask questions to the person related to person in the picture.
We then went to the Ropes course. Although only one of our campers was doing the ropes course for the first time they all seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. After lunch and chill time the campers had the option of spending an hour in the pool or gym (or a combination of both). I played with the campers inside the gym. One camper and I got out the ping pong table and managed to hit 150 consecutive volleys!
For the free choice activity I took two of the campers to “Myth Busters.” They did things such as floating paper clips and a neat soap, water, pepper experiment. Tonight’s dinner was dress your counselors up dinner. My campers graciously picked out a nice full length purple dress for myself which was accented by a pink boa and wig. I received quite a number of compliments throughout dinner I must admit (haha).
The late night activity was a night time swim for the oldest campers although it turned out to be quite chilly. Hand massages and facials were also being offered. After spending dinner in a dress I thought it only right to receive my first ever facial. What an experience that was let me tell you! Not only did it look hilarious but it made my face feel like it was tightening into a little ball. It was definitely one of the weirdest experiences my face has ever felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home