Saturday, June 7, 2008

June 4-5, 2008


This morning came early when we had a 5:00 a.m. camper accident to clean up but after breakfast we all went to the new “Superdome” which is basically an indoors baseball field. It was neat to see their competitiveness in a game of baseball and field hockey in the superdome. For Turn 2 our cabin went to the Arts and Crafts where the campers made Dreamcatchers and I got a popsicle stick hot glued to my shirt and a feather hot glued to my arm (nice little blister from that one but the laughter certainly made it worth it). We had one camper finally open up and sing after lunch today which was great to see.

Today was Stage Day which gave all the campers a chance to show off their talents. The adjacent cabin with girls who I talked with all week (who apparently had an hour long conversation about me one night) included me in their stage day skit. The five campers all pied me in the face with massive whip cream pies which they thought was hilarious. The first bite was good but after that it was caked on so much that I was just trying to make sure I could breathe through the massive amounts of whip cream. Other acts that moved me were a wheel chair bound girl who signed to Who Am I, a paraplegic who did breakdancing, and 3 girls who sung Jesus Take the Wheel. After stage day we went and played some Putt Putt golf then went to the closing campfire. There were some pretty crazy fireworks at the end of the fire.

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2008 at 1:15 PM , Blogger amandagonzalez said...

The conversation would've went on for two or three hours if I were there! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home