Monday, June 16, 2008

June 7, 2008

I had this morning off (from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.). I was reluctant to take the time off but decided after the staff explained the importance that everyone takes advantage of their morning or afternoon off that I would. It was soooooooooo amazing. With working at least 16 hours a day since May 31st with no time off and coming straight to this camp with no intersession like the full time staff have it was needed.

I was productive with working on medical school application stuff, emails, and this blog yet it was very relaxing. I even got to watch about an hour of college baseball and catch up on some much needed sleep. For the afternoon session, I went with two campers to clown training. We did shaving cream pies in each others face, I learned how to juggle 4 balls at once (sort of), learned some magic tricks, and the campers got their faces painted like clowns.

After dinner was a safari carnival which ended up having the outside portion of it rained out after a short time. We played silent ball tonight and one camper chewed threw his yellow bracelet which was pretty comical listening to him explain how it just fell off. For cabin chat the question was if you could have a super power what would you do? One camper said he would cure everyone and bring them all to camp. I thought it described just how meaningful this camp experience is to the campers and made me feel good about the part I play in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home