Monday, June 16, 2008

June 8, 2008

At breakfast this morning one of the campers told me how he spends the whole year waiting on this one week. I’m continually amazed at the place this camp has in the children’s heart. After cabin clean up, we went to woodshop where the campers made picture frames and then wood burned and painted them. One of the campers with a developmental delay is the cutest little guy ever and his opening line to every girl he meets is “do you have a boyfriend?” I was joking around with one of the other campers about how long he has been dating his girlfriend because he got her name painted on his arm. He was trying to tell me when they started dating and said “What’s before April,” I immediately replied “January.” He said and what’s before January and I said “October.” He said “EXACTLY that’s when we started dating, October.” We all got a good chuckle about that afterwards.
Okay, okay, okay, I know I shouldn’t be messing with the campers like that but you got to have a little fun with them every now and then. After a rowdy “rest hour” we went to the pool but after a short time we were told a thunderstorm was approaching and had to evacuate it. We went to sports and rec until dinner and then for cabin night went back to the gym where we played basketball and others games.

For cabin chat that night the question was what would you bring with you if you were on a deserted island. One campers comment really hit home when he said he would bring a church so he could sleep with Jesus. Another camper made my day when we were giving them all hugs and saying good night when he told me “you know you’re the best right.”

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw the kids are cute especially the last camper's comment. Looks like you had fun :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home