Monday, June 16, 2008

June 9, 2008

This morning they let the volunteers climb a 30 foot tower and zip line down. The climb felt like it took only a minute to do but the zip line down was a pretty awesome experience. I had to take a camper to the infirmary during breakfast so we played some rummy to pass the time. After breakfast we went to boating and fishing where the campers were able to catch some pretty nice size bass. I was starving after boating and fishing but ended up having to take another camper to the infirmary.

This experience is teaching me that while I do need to ensure I keep myself healthy through trying to get enough sleep (which has been about 5 hours on average), eating healthy, and working out that you also have to make sacrifices at times. After we left there I was able to get a quick bite of food then we went over to the theater where 4 of the stars from the Broadway show Legally Blonde performed a few songs. I was curious to see how this would go over with the kids but they all quickly took to the performance and had a great time.

I got a major headache that started during rest hour and carried into the afternoon rotation at the pool. I’m pretty sure it was due to caffeine withdraw and not being able to drink any of my much loved sweet tea. After dinner we headed back to the cabins and got ready for the big party around the pool. Two kids were battling in dancing which was a crowd pleaser around the pool and there was surprisingly good music. We ended the night with a game of silent ball and mafia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home