Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June 19-20, 2008


June 19, 2008


After we packed in the morning, we had breakfast and camper departures. We then had one final volunteer meeting and a good reflection. They had me down for an 8:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport even though my flight wasn’t until 4:30 but luckily I was able to get on an 11:30 shuttle which worked out nicely. Another volunteer counselor rented a van and took myself and another volunteer to In and Out which is a well known burger joint in the area. He was such a great guy and even bought us lunch. In and Out was a neat establishment with great food and is privately owned by Christians. They discretely put bible verses on things such as on the rims underneath the cups. I flew from LAX to San Francisco where I met my brother who flew out earlier in the day. We hung out and picked up Amanda (my lovely girlfriend) later that evening who is doing a summer program at Berkeley.


June 20, 2008


Scott and I went and checked out Pier 39 this morning and ate some fresh seafood at Hook and Cook. The highlights of the pier were the views and the entertaining Sea Lions some of which were playing King of the Platform (knocking each other off) which was very amusing. We got a little lost getting there but it was great to pay a little extra in the rental car to have a GPS system which helped out quite a bit. We went over one bridge to get to the pier and were perplexed how we were going to get back since all lanes ran the same way. It was only later that we realized directly below the way we came was a bottom portion of the bridge which allowed traffic in that direction. Later in the evening, Scott, Amanda, and I went to an Oakland A’s baseball game who were actually playing the Florida Marlin’s. It turned out to be a good game which went into extra innings with the Marlins eventually losing in the 11th inning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home