Saturday, August 23, 2008

July 8, 2008


So let me just say the croissants at this camp are possibly the best food I have had all summer. After making cottage signs we went down to the horses where volunteers who may not be comfortable leading a horse had the opportunity to lead so they would feel more comfortable when the campers were around. I thought this was a great idea.

The campers arrived this afternoon. There are campers from Barcelona, Madrid, and Ireland in my cabin so I’m excited about being able to use the little Spanish I know and learn (re-learn) more. We went to Archery and fishing this afternoon. They ran out of fishing poles so we went searching for sticks and made our own poles which I think the campers really enjoyed.

One camper asked me today, “How old are you?” so I said “12, why how old do you think I am?” he immediately replied “emmm……15.” The session this week is Siblings so they decided to allow the campers to play soccer this week. The soccer game was fun but I now know why they normally don’t allow it as I had to take one camper to the med shed after the game. The cottage agreement was much more difficult then previous camps since everything had to be translated and written in two different languages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home