Thursday, August 21, 2008

July 2-3, 2008


I spent the majority of the day resting and getting recharged around Jackie’s place. I also worked on various things such as a place to stay in Dublin, emails, a phone interview, and of course my medical school application.


July 3, 2008


I met Lyze and Nikki (two of Amanda’s sisters) for lunch today in time square which was great getting to see them and catch up. Another cousin of mine, Steve (Jackie’s brother) came into town and so we all had dinner together, played some cards, and just chatted for the rest of the evening.

I got a pretty sketch voicemail today saying I needed to call this number immediately in regards to my flight although they didn’t mention which flight, who they were, or what airline they were with. However, I decided it was in my best interest to call them back. It turned out to be Virgin Atlantic and they said my flight had been cancelled for tomorrow morning to Dublin. The guy spoke very broken English and after reviewing my file for quite a while he said everything was okay and that I needed to be at JFK at 4 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. flight. I asked why I needed to be there so early and it was then he said that my flight had been cancelled from JFK and I would be transported to Newark for a new flight. He said he couldn’t tell me my new flight time or email me my new itinerary so after some time I decided just to end the call. I called back later this afternoon and was able to find out my new flight time from Newark and decided just to arrange my own transportation there since it would be easier then trying to be at JFK by 4 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home