Saturday, August 23, 2008

July 6, 2008


The south coast tour this morning was packed so they brought in a 2nd bus and although I had a pretty good seat I decided to go to the other bus. I lucked out because not many people wanted to get off the bus so there ended up being about 15 people on the bus I was on compared to over 40 on the other.

There was great commentary throughout the tour that even included some singing. The highlight of the trip was Powers Court which was a very beautiful castle and gorgeous gardens. Once we returned from the tour I had to go immediately to the bus station to get picked up to go to my next camp here in Ireland called Barretstown. My first impression was the other volunteers and staff use “grand” quite a bit as well as surprised by a group of teenagers skinny dipping in a canal right next to a main street on the way.

My first impression of the actual camp was it seems like a gorgeous pure Irish camp. We had dinner, a tour of camp, and the opportunity to just hang out and get to know some of the other counselors this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home